What is Jiriki Seitai
Jiriki Seitai is one of the self-treatment methods for the purpose of improving and preventing chronic illness. It is different from a regular Seitai treatment, which is a treatment to receive by a therapist, but Jiriki Seitai is a self-treatment that patients apply by themselves.
Yu Yagami, a Seitai therapist, invented in 1989 based on Shiatsu massage from Eastern medicine, yoga, and Seitai techniques.
*Preventive medicine is a study of the way of thinking, way of life, and way of living to create a mind and body that don’t require medical treatment throughout life.
"Five purposes" of Yagami Holistic Medicine lab.
- We want to spread the hopeful message that chronic illness and pain can be cured by ourselves without getting help from experts.
- Our bodies are healing not because of the medical treatments, but the healing power that we originally have.
- Preventing illness is strengthening our natural healing power. For that reason, Jiriki Seitai is effective.
- We would like to reduce the medical cost in Japan, which has risen to 40 trillion yen, by thoroughly implementing preventive medicine.
- Provide a lifestyle that is active and doesn’t depend on nursing care throughout the lifetime by creating regular Jiriki Seitai practice, improving eating habits, and keeping the good balance of autonomic nervous system.
Why Jiriki Seitai is a preventive medicine?
- All illnesses have a feeling of fatigue in the previous stage, and become ill when the fatigue reaches the certain limit. By removing daily fatigue by Jiriki Seitai, it can be prevented before it becomes illnesses.
- This is the route of Bedridden patients:
Physical pain that causes nursing care ⇒ Lack of exercises ⇒ Stiffness of spine and joints ⇒ Fall and break bones ⇒ Bedridden
If you maintain the flexibility of your spine, joints, and muscles on a daily basis, you can avoid the route of to become dependent on the career.
- For everyone in the country to have a healthy body, it has to start with a healthy pregnancy and birth delivery. It is essential to have a body free from menstrual pain. When Jiriki Seitai becomes your regular habit, you can improve women’s bodies without menstrual pain, and ability to get pregnant and have easy birth delivery without physical pain.
- In order to raise the number of people who are not in need of nurse care who are active throughout their lives, it is necessary to have a place for older people gather to take care of their bodies at least once a week. Jiriki Seitai classes can provide the environment.
- By practicing Jiriki Seitai regularly, people will become more aware that they are the only ones who can protect their bodies, and they will become more responsible to fix their unhealthy habits to prioritize health.
What we do?
- Educate and train Jiriki Seitai instructors to expand Jiriki Seitai classes. As of 2020, we have 500 instructors and 20,000 students in Japan.
- A dissemination of Jiriki Seitai by publications. 25 books have been published in 2020.
- Regular Jiriki magazine, remote education by DVD instruction for those who cannot attend the classes.
- Seminars conducted by Yu Yagami in Tokyo, Hyogo, Hiroshima, Kagawa and Fukuoka.
- Instructions on the website and Youtube.
"Future of Japan" that we draw
- Neighbors gather in school gyms in the evening in all over the country at night to practice Jiriki Seitai.
- Make people around the world possible to receive online Jiriki Seitai class by the creator.
- You can treat students who suffer from menstrual cramps by creating a “self-manipulative club” in club activities at school.
- Same as 3, apply to rehabilitation for people who injured themselves in sports.
- Both professional and armature sports organizations utilize Jiriki Seitai for the care of athletes.
- Each obstetrics and gynecology department ran Jiriki Seitai classes for easy birth delivery and provide guidance until childbirth
- Each nursery host Jiriki Seitai classes for parents to maintain their health for raising children.
- Extend a healthy life expectancy by offering Jiriki Seitai classes for the prevention of needing care giver at senior centers.
- Make Jiriki Seitai a mandatory course in universities and train teachers to be able to teach Jiriki Seitai to students.
Above all, the most crucial message I want to come across is that people need to learn more about their bodies.
If we use our bodies properly, then we won’t get sick, or you can recover immediately even when you do. As you get used to this lifestyle, you will be able to take care of yourself until you die even if you are old.
Lacking the knowledge of your body makes you feel anxious when something happens, and you only come up with the idea of seeing a doctor at a hospital. Therefore I would like to educate on the subject through Jiriki Seitai techniques.
Change that happens to you
- You are able to trust your body, and you become less anxious about your symptoms.
- As you use your muscle and internal organs (how to eat) properly, you can keep your best condition.
- When One of the family members becomes more familiar of body and wellbeing, she or he can look after the health for the rest of the family.
- You can reduce the cost of hospital bills as you are capable of distinguishing illnesses are curable by yourself or need see a doctor.
- Since the meal is simple, you don’t have to spend too much on food. Neither investing for supplements.
- As you gain more experiences of self-healing, you won’t get panic when the same symptoms reappears. You will be careful with your lifestyle because you never want to go through the same pain again. On the other hand, if the doctor heals the illness for you, it is like “Danger passed and the God forgotten” and the patient seems to repeat the same lifestyle that caused the symptoms
- The more you know about your body, the less fear you feel about aging so that you will be able to age well.
- For athletes, they can improve their own records with the best performance without injury by understanding the source of the injuries.
- Children can feel confident with their own healing ability when they grow older if they were taught by the parents since their childhood.
Approaching the five health issues
Improve bad posture and
release pain and stiffness
A way of eating to
eliminate waste matter
Improvement of menstrual pain
Work on the
Take the 90-minute program
- Navigator’s classes etc.-
Remember Jiriki Seitai
To practice at home
Born in 1953
Kwansei Gakuin University Sociology major Mass communication dropout
Acupuncturist and chiropractor
Director, Yagami Institute of Preventive Medicine
Jiriki Seitai creator
After learning and practicing yoga in order to get a hint to create Jiriki Seitai, he has integrated it to create the foundation of Jiriki Seitai.
While treating patients as a Seitai therapist, he transformed the highly effective treatments into a body movement which patients can practice by themselves, and opened Jiriki Seitai classes after completed Jiriki Seitai movement in Nishinomiya. Since 2000, we began Jiriki Seitai instructor training and as of 2020, there are currently 433 Jiriki Seitai instructors in Japan and abroad.
He has written 25 books including his books "The Essene of Jiriki Seitai" by Shinsei Publisher. and "Jiriki Seitai for Relieving Pain in the feet and lower back" by Nobunkyo pubrishing. He also provide online training for students in remote areas.
Fashion Design Graduate
Jiriki Seitai instructor qualification
MA:Central Sait Martins
Performance design graduate
Yoga Alliance RYT250
Yagami holistic Medicine lab.
Moved to England in 2012. After working in costume-related work, she completed a master's degree at Central Saint Martins University. Through the study, she has become interested in the relationship between artistic expression and therapy, and deepen her learning of bodywork and Jiriki Seitai.
2018 she obtained Yoga Alliance certification in the UK. After that, she has began to offer Jiriki Seitai classes and workshops in Canada, Europe and Israel.
Since 2019 she has moved back in Japan, and work as a member of the Yagami lab. Marie continues to develop the Jiriki method alongside her father, and has become an ambassador for Jiriki outside Japan.
HI, I’M MARIE, A JIRIKI AND VINYASA FLOW YOGA TEACHER.
Despite being born in a yoga Ashram in Japan from yoga teacher parents, I haven’t always been myself a teacher, but actually have started my career as a Performance Costume Designer. During my early 20s I was entangled in the fast-paced city life, working as a designer and director of Performing Arts in New York City and London. To cope with it all I reconnected with my childhood upbringing and started practicing regularly Yoga and Jiriki. Excited about the benefits that both disciplines were bringing me, I started to share them with friends and colleagues, and soon I realized that my life mission was to continue my father’s work and to share the practice of Jiriki worldwide.
After completing a RYS 250hr Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training at Stretch London, I’ve deepened my knowledge of philosophy, anatomy, pranayama and meditation and have since applied these components into my Jiriki teaching.
The main objective of my Jiriki classes is to guide students to reconnect to their bodies and to scan it to discover potential discomforts, imbalances, misalignments and tensions. By raising awareness on the powerful connection that ties together body and mind, students are invited to tap into the body’s innate ability to heal independently.
|Name||Yagami Holistic medicine lab.|
|Street Address||2-19-401 Ryodo-cho, Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo|
|Business name||IRIKI SEITAI|
|Business content||Preventive medicine, Jiriki Seitai classes|